Without further ado, it's time for another Monday Yums! If you like coconut like I do, you will LOVE these cookies! They are from a Martha Stewart recipe, so you know you can't go wrong. If you're feeling like baking some cookies but want to try something a little different, go to the store, grab some coconut, and get baking!
Yield: 3 dozen
- 14 oz. package of shredded coconut
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Set aside 2 cups of coconut on a plate. Put remaining coconut into a food processor with sugar, salt, and baking powder. Process until finely ground. Add butter and process until smooth.
3. Add egg and vanilla and process until incorporated. Add flour and pulse until the dough appears crumbly. Do not overmix! Mixture should be loose and crumbly.
4. Scoop one tablespoon of dough and roll into the coconut you set aside, coating it nicely.
5. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 23 - 25 minutes or until lightly golden.
6. Allow cookies to cook for 2 - 3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling.
7. Enjoy! And try not to eat them all in one sitting like I can do. :)